February 19, 2010

Ski trip

I promise to put more pictures up tomorrow, when I have taken some pictures, but I wanted to give an update on my ski trip with the Grace Chapel men.  First, we encountered weather.  It was only two hours into the trip when it started snowing, and for the next nine hours we battled visibility, icy conditions, and suicidal truck drivers.

However, with an expected arrival time of 1:00 AM pushed back three hours, we finally pulled off the interstate only to find the Google Maps directions were faulty, and the detour cost us another 45 minutes.  All said, I am posting this at 4:30 AM mountain time, and I am tired!  Good night.  I miss you, Liz.

P.S. Tomorrow should consist of snow boarding at Beaver Creek, snow showing around the cabin, and lots of settlers, cigars, and beer.

1 comment:

lori taylor said...

Ack! These are the details that moms don't like to read! But yay for arriving alive, and may the skiing be awesome!