January 1, 2009

. . . and a happy new year!

The only sad part about traveling over the holidays is the inability to update your blog over the holidays. I LOVE reading other people's posts about their new years resolutions, Christmas traditions, naughty/nice stories, etc... but I don't get to take part in the fun. (Well, not until January 4th.) I make sure to emphasize that this is the ONLY sad part, because traveling over the holidays is pretty awesome!

So it's 2009, well it's about stinkin time!! 2008 was great, don't get me wrong, but I was really getting antsy to turn a new page. To give a recap in 25 words or less:

Basement, dead snake, live snake, Liz's first lasagna, YMCA, graduation & baby Davy simultaneously, Spring Hill, Jetta vs. fox (fox wins), Mexico, violence, best friends ever.

Everyone always appreciates a good set of new year's resolutions, and though I know people who think they are pointless or a waste of time, here I go:

1) Wake up earlier - there is so much good that can be done in the early morning.

2) Go somewhere new - not to live, but just to experience, learn from, and love.

3) Read more - fiction, theology, historical, you name it...

4) Take retreats - daily, monthly, and yearly ones. (Secret Life of Kat)

5) Learn to play the piano - I can't wait!

Ok, more details on our trip to come. (Liz might actually beat me to that.) Happy new year to all of you.

No comments: