January 7, 2009

New year, new thang. . .

Well, we are into a new year, and the changes are evident! I have been gifted two more classes, and our friend-base has been cut in half. When you do the math, it all works out. (With more work, who has time for friends?) :(

A family that we were becoming really fond of recently left the mission due to various reasons, and in one fateful day I found out I was loosing some valuable friends, and gaining their work-load. A few short days later another friend said she was leaving as well, and her classes were offered to Liz, who declined. It would be a lie to say it hasn't been difficult to adjust to life without them, but at least I'm now kept busy enough that I don't have time to notice. (seven classes, six of them are different, with only one prep-period a day)

Things to look forward to:

1) Having all the students who have scored 100% on exams over for dinner. (Thursday)
2) Movie/games/food night with friends. (Friday)
3) Trying out my new altimeter watch. (every day)
4) Flying back to Nebraska (yet again) for two friends' wedding. (Jan 23)
5) Writing/sending a new update for Dec/Jan to all of our supporters. (Before Jan 23)

Two pictures to finish things off... and don't forget to check out my latest poll.

My favorite spot over the holidays.The gang, and their attitude.

No comments: