January 1, 2010

Consumerism

That word is my nemesis. Actually, the word has done nothing wrong, but its meaning unveils my greatest downfall. Allow me to expound on the subject, and feel free to judge.

For Christmas I have been given many glorious gifts. Examples:










Allow me to hit this point home... the problem is NOT in the wonderful gifts I have received. (They are all great, and I have only listed a small portion of them here!) The problem is that after all of these spectacular gifts, I am still looking up prices for flat screen HDTV's, Blue-ray players, Nike irons, furniture, houses, clothes, books, and this list could go on for a while. (I think you get the point.) Enough is never enough. More is even worse.

I won't even get into supporting Compassion Intl, the local church, etc... because giving gifts isn't the problem AT ALL! I give money to these organizations and I urge you to as well, but regardless, do I need to always be looking for new things to buy? I submit that I do NOT.

No comments: