March 15, 2009

I fixed it...

If you were disappointed by the dead-link at the end of the list on my last post, you need not worry, it has been corrected. The link, "list of crushes - a must read from 2005" has been fixed.

In other Taylor news, we are on an extended weekend. Our school recognizes "Dia de Benito Juarez" which is one clear advantage to working in a Mexican school. We've had fun outside of the house as well as in it. Our dog has provided all sorts of entertainment as he begins to express himself a little more colorfully.


We enjoyed the company of a few missionary men last night by hosting a poker night. It was very entertaining to watch the group gambling and bluffing and having a good time. One of them walked away with 60 pesos to treat his wife for dinner. (insert personal rant - People question my gambling with skepticism, but I respond with this: you will spend 20 dollars on a good dinner out, or 8 dollars on a movie at the theaters... yet you question me for spending 1 to 5 dollars on an entire evening of entertainment and fun? I walk into it with the mindset that I will spend some money, and winning/losing is imaterial for I will have had fun.)

We have one more day of vacay, and we intend to make the most of it. I close this post with a picture of my favorite beverage, the closest to ethereal we will likely experience this side of eternity. (note: prepared my favorite way as well)

1 comment:

Ben Davy said...

Sweet NTM mug. Upon consideration, I'd say about 35% of the enjoyment for me is drinking out of a mug I truly love. Weird but true.

I love that Mexico has set aside to celebrate me and you guys are participating in it. Enjoy your freedom and reflect on the impact my life has had on you.