May 9, 2009

Back at it. . .

Recently a missionary got very sick with something that wasn't the swine flu, but because the Mexican government is so cautious, if she had been taken to a hospital here in Chihuahua, she would have been completely quarantined for 20 days. Her family decided to take her to El Paso, TX instead.

School has resumed finally, so I taught my classes Thursday and Friday. It was nutso! The students had it in their mind that the summer had already begun. (To make matters worse, the whole high school - all 24 of them - were leaving on a camping trip on Friday.) At one point, I noticed a student, who had already been slowly checking out mentally, staring at a blank wall while I lectured. I called his name to answer a question and his distant voice vaguely mouthed the words, "Graduation . . . camping trip . . . huh?" and then he snapped back.

In other recent news, I've had the chance to play some soccer out at the Missions Institute. It's a national training program designed to equip Mexican nationals to spread the gospel in their own country. (very cool) Also, we've been enjoying enduring the 100+ degree heat like professionals. (this includes hiding from the sun from 8:45am till 6:45pm, and of course, the appropriate hammock usage.)We took Chango to the vet on Wednesday to get his first Rabies vaccine. He didn't particularly like that. What he doesn't realize is that in less than a week we're taking him back for a surgery that he will like even less. (if you know what I mean)

Other than that, we are up to normal life.

Liz cuts my hair. I teach Liz guitar. We only have three more weeks in Mexico.

1 comment:

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

I can't believe your almost done with your time there!!! It feels like just yesterday we saw you guys in NE and Crystal was still preggers with Addison.